For many new home buyers the process of selecting lighting can be somewhat overwhelming. Our goal is to give you an idea of what information would be helpful to consider before starting your lighting selections. This will help us make your visit a pleasant and successful experience. If possible, please bring a blueprint or list of required fixture locations. Please plan to spend a few hours to complete your project.
Things to Consider:
- Is the rough wiring completed? If not, would you like help deciding locations and types of lighting? (recessed, decorative, track or rail)
- When will fixtures be needed?
- Who is being invoiced, your electrician, builder or yourself?
- Do you have specific lighting needs? (undercabinet, hobbies, artwork, cove lighting, stairway, etc.)
- What are the ceiling heights and types? (flat, sloped, tray, insulated, etc)
- What are your vanity dimensions?
- What are your hardware finishes in each bath?
- Bring color samples, paint, countertops, tile, etc. if possible)
Other items to consider:
- Central vacuum system
- Intercom system
- Ironing Centers
- Ceiling fans and light kits
- Wall controls and dimming switches
- Dusk to dawn and motion sensors
- Medicine cabinets
- Door chimes and push buttons
- Mirrors and artwork
- Table, floor and piano lamps
- Exhaust fans for bathrooms and stove tops
- Landscape lighting